8.15.2011

"Tardiness never was happiness"

"Tardanza nunca fue felicidad"


Hey!!!!! 

Every Monday morning we call all of our District Leaders and get a report from them of their Districts. Then after we do that we have a conference with the Assistants and give them a report of our Zone. This went a little long today, and so were rushed to go do our emails... we had reservations for computers  (It's very hard to get computer time without reservations.) But because we were running late, we got to there about 10 minutes late.... And when we got there they had already given away our reservations... so at the library they have these computers that we are allowed to use for 15 minutes. So thats all the time i have today.... Sorry!!!

Just a quick highlight and thought. We almost got into a car accident this week. We were driving along minding our own business, when a car blew right through a stop sign. They didn't even make an attempt to stop, but they did slow down slightly before they ran it. We were in the middle of the intersection when this happened, and the car should have T-boned us on the drivers side (my side) thanks to a combination of quick reflexes,  a fortunate pot hole, and a traffic cone, our car being in a low gear, ect... the other car bumped into the cone and swerved the opposite direction than i did, and then the pot hole slowed it down, and we were able to accelerate enough to get out of the way.... Basically, a bunch of things happened that allowed us to walk away completely untouched. Then we drove off and continued our day.... I find it hard to say that we were Lucky, when it was so obvious that we were just Protected.

Ironically, we were listening to a John Bytheway talk in the car, and shortly after this almost-accident happened to us, John Bytheway says, "How many times do we pray that we can get home in safety, and we actually do?" I know that the Lord listens to our prayers. We never leave home without saying a prayer, and we always, mostly out of habit, pray that we can leave, and get back in safety. And everyday we actually do. I know the Lord answers prayers. And more than that, i know that He is protecting me. I'm in good hands (Allstate understands this principle, do you?) so please don't ever worry about me. 

Well i have to go, i love you!!!

Elder Meza

Side note from me (emily) 

I know that Andres is indeed being watched over.  He has experienced miracle after miracle throughout his entire mission.  I know that it is because of his own dedication and hard work, and also because of the prayers of others.  I want to thank all of you, his friends and family, for the love, concern, letters, and prayers that you have offered on his behave.  I am grateful, and I know that Andres is too!  

---------------------------------------------------

Sé que Andrés está siendo vigilado. Él ha experimentado un milagro tras otro durante su misión. Yo sé que es por la dedicación y trabajo duro de Andres, y también por las oraciones de otros. Quiero agradecer a todos ustedes, los amigos y familiares de Andres, por el amor, la preocupación, cartas y oraciones que han ofrecido por él. Estoy muy agradecido, y yo sé que Andrés es agradecido también.

No comments: