2.12.2011

Feb 7, 2011 -- "When you are in the service of your fellow beings" -- "Cuando está en el servicio de sus semejantes"

So i'm not really sure what the problem is. I did send you an email last week. I even sent Erick one too about IB and AP... I'm confused too. Because the email that i get back says that the email was blocked because your email address, or your "network" is on their "block-list" So everything i'm sending you is getting blocked. I'm writing this email with the hopes that i can figure out the problem before the end of the day.

To clarify some things... I was not transfered and neither was Elder De Sousa. He is still my companion. I'm pretty sure that the Man that you talked to at the Mission office was Elder Giles. He and Sister Giles were in my first District. They had gotten to the mission at the same time that i did. I love them, they are awesome. They were originally prosilyting missionaries, but another Senior coupke had to go home because the wife had Health problems. So Elder and Sister Giles were hanged to work in the office. They were both really sad about that, but they are making the best of it. Elder Giles was a mission president before for the Haiti mission. So he speaks French and Hatian-Creole. They are a really neat couple.
The point is, i am still with Elder De Sousa, and still in the Victoria ward.

I had another crazy experience this week. On Wednesday, we had a Zone Study at Mt. St. Hilaire. Its about 30 minutes south of my area. So we decided to carpool with another team of Elders. On our way to the Zone study, there was a huge accident involving 70 + cars and also a school bus and some semi-trucks. basically, we never made it to our zone study. We weren't involved in the accident, so dont worry! but we were stuck on the Highway for over three hours. In that time Elder Anderson and i went on splits and tracted 5 km, so about 3 miles. We talked to people in there cars and poeple were very nice and open..generally. Others were very upset about the delay in their schedules. The thing was that on Wednesday, we had a huge snowstorm. So while we did all of this it was snowing alot. The snow was very wet too, so by the time we made it back to our car, we were soaked. After that, we helped the police get people out of their cars, and then helped direct traffic as they started getting traffic moving. in the three hours that we were sitting there, the cars got burried in snow, so we also helped people get their cars out of the snow.

Anyway, thats it for this week. I have to figure out how to actually get this email to you.
I hope it works! Love you! talk to you next week.!

Elder Meza

No comments: