4.15.2011

April 11, 2011 -- Il fait beau - The weather is good - El tiempo es bueno

Hello! I think that winter is finally over! We had another snowstorm Early in the week, But then a few days later we had the nicest weather i have seen since i have been here. It was 13 degrees C. Which is somewhere in the 50's in F, i think. But it was super nice. The Sun was out, and i sang songs all day! Literally. That day i went on Splits with the Zone Leaders. I was with Elder Coronado, who was my Zone Leader also when I was on Zarahemla. He's really good at the guitar, and he found one here in one of the Missionary apartments. So he took the guitar and we went to knock doors. We knocked doors almost all day, and at almost every door that was nice to us, we sang them a song. "My Soul Delighteth in the song of the Heart!" Sometimes, though, we got doors slammed in our face mid-song. But it was a good day though, we still met alot of nice people and we ended the day smiling Big.

So I'll tell you about some of our miracle investigators. First es la familia Rodriguez. She's actually been investigating the Church for 20+ years, and never really had a desire to change. Well, i should say she does, but she didnt want to because of her Husband. But here's the thing, four of her five kids are members of the Church. In fact she has one son that is serving a mission right now. Now here's the miracle. I met her son when i was i the MTC, and i actually had a picture with me that i had printed out of her son... dont know why i had chosen that particular picture to print out, but i've been carrying it around since the MTC. And when i met the mom, the thought came to me, <>. I put the thought off for about a week, and I kept getting the feeling that I should give her that Picture, and i kept putting it off. Finally, one Sunday afternoon i got a thought <> .

So i said, Ok Ok! Take it Easy!, Because that's when i realized that these thoughts weren't my own thoughts, but The Spirit Was yelling at me the way that Mami, or Abuela yell at people that don't listen to them. So i did it! I took her the Picture of her Son.

When we got to her house, she let us in. Her Whole Family was there, her kids that are members came down to Sherbrooke for the Weekend. I gave Her the Picture, and then she said, <> ... we had no idea.

She invited us to stay, and we had the sweetest conversation with her. All of her kids that were there were able to testify so powerfully about How the Gospel has changed their lives. And then she took the picture of her son, that i had given her and stared at it. And she said, that's what my son is doing, trying to Change people's lives. Basically it was a good night.

The Next Day She called us! and she told us she wants to be baptised with her daughter. And we have been teaching her, since then. She decided to confront her husband, about it, and things are looking good. She says that for the past 20 years she went to Church only because her Children wanted to get baptised, and so she wanted to go just to see what it is that her children were going to be doing there. But eventually her testimony grew, and after all her children moved out, she continued to go to Church. And all it took is one little picture to help her decide to do what she knew to be right.

The other Miracle happened my first weekend here. There's this inactive Member who suddenly decided to come back my first week in Sherbrooke. We had a chance to talk to him after Church and found out that the lady he came with was not a member of the Church. We set up a time to visit them, and so we did that week. We shared the message of the Restoation, and by the End she was in tears. he knows this is true. She felt it in her heart. Now it's all up to her. She has to decide to act or not. But she knows it is true. We are working with her, and everytime we meet with her she opens up more and more to us, and notices her own desire to change her life.

Finally, there is this guy from English class that has grown to love the church through his attendance to English class. This particular day, he was the only one that showed up to the Advanced English class(which i teach) and so we had a Gospel Conversation. Near the End of the class, he asked me, <>

He literally used the word Covenant. I told him, <>.
He has the Desire, but now he just need to know how to get onto the Path. And we are going to help him to the best of our ability.

So that's been our past few weeks. The Lord Continues to bless us, and we pray every day to be worthy to handle these blessings. This transfer already has drained me more physically, mentally and emotionally, than any other area i've been in. but it's worth it. Like in all things, the blessings come after the trials. I hope you never forget that...

I love you all very much, and i hope all is well. I'll talk to you next week.
Love Elder Meza

ps. Lothar: Siempre recibo tus emails. Pero soy terrible y no respondo. Perdoname. Todavia te amo!

pps Gracias por las respuestas a mis preguntas

ppps. I had no idea who you were talking about when you said Nichole.... haha I still don't coorelate that with Sister Lindsey, which is how i've known her.

No comments: